Cocoa powder is one of the most popular flavors on this planet. We use cocoa on a range of food products, from coffee to meat. It’s rich and intense flavor can also become addictive to the taste buds. But apart from being just a taste bud pleaser, cocoa also possesses certain health benefits.
- Natural Anti-Depressant- Cocoa has proved beneficial in regulating mood. It is a natural anti-depressant that can reduce your stress levels and give a boost to your happiness levels as it contains the mood-boosting chemical, Anandamide.
- Helps Fight Fatigue- Cocoa contains a crucial dose of caffeine, which helps in fighting tiredness and fatigue. It boosts energy in our body and helps us stay awake.
- Rich in Antioxidants- Cocoa contains a good number of antioxidants, which helps keep our heart and the cardiovascular system healthy. Antioxidants such as flavanols and polyphenols present in cocoa improve blood circulation and lower bad cholesterols.
- Protects Your Digestive Health- Antioxidants such as flavanols found in cocoa becomes prebiotic upon digestion. Prebiotics help improve digestive health by balancing the bacteria in the gut.
- Protects Your Dental Health- Cocoa powder has proved to be beneficial in preventing tooth decay. Certain antibacterial properties present in cocoa beans have been, to some extent, found fighting Plaque. Also, a compound called CBH is found in the cocoa powder, which helps harden the enamel.
Make sure to increase the intake of cocoa powder in your diet as it can significantly impact your overall health.